12. Passenger boat charters are subject to the river and weather conditions being satisfactory at the time of sailing. If strong stream and/or wind conditions prevent a sailing taking place, the vessel would remain moored at Hobbs of Henley Boatyard, Henley-on-Thames for the duration of the charter. If adverse river conditions prevent a vessel from collecting passengers from a venue other than Hobbs of Henley Ltd, Henley on-Thames, no refund will be given.
13. Hobbs of Henley reserve the right to postpone any ticketed cruise due to adverse river conditions/insufficient ticket sales/performer illness, in the event of postponement customers will be given the option to rebook on a new date or receive a refund of the ticket price only. Hobbs of Henley will not be responsible for any further costs.
14. All persons using any part of the premises, boats or facilities, for whatever purpose and whether by invitation or otherwise, do so at their own risk, unless injury or damage to person or property sustained within the premises, boats or facilities was caused by, or resulted from our negligence or deliberate act or that of those for whom we are responsible.
15. We do not accept liability for any loss resulting from our failure to provide an advertised service, or where delay occurs to those services, for any other reason. We may, however, at our discretion, consider a refund as a direct result of a failure on our part to provide the advertised service.
16. Our vessels have not been designed or adapted for passengers in wheelchairs. We recommend that you satisfy yourself as to its suitability for wheelchair access before booking.
17. If you are a wheelchair user we recommend that you ensure that you have enough helpers to aid you to embark and disembark the vessel safely. Our crew are not permitted to lift wheelchairs on and off the vessel.
18. For health and safety reasons wheelchairs are not permitted to obstruct any access to safety and life saving equipment, gangways, stairs or passageways on board the vessels.
19. In accordance with The Environment Agency (Thames Region) By-laws, all music must be stopped when approaching and passing through a lock. Hirers are requested to control their parties from making undue noise when passing through a lock, and particularly late at night when disembarking from Hobbs of Henley vessels.
20. The hirer shall make good/and or pay for all losses,damage or breakages to any fixture, fittings machinery or equipment. The hirer will be liable for any costs incurred by Hobbs of Henley in respect of specialist cleaning due to vomiting or spillage by the hirer or any of the hirer’s guests during a charter.
21. It is the responsibility of the hirer to acquaint each member of his party with the above conditions of hire as laid down by the company.
22. Hobbs of Henley Ltd have been granted a Premises Licence from South Oxfordshire District Council under the Licensing Act 2003. The vessels are permitted to serve alcohol from 10 a.m. to 12 midnight. Hobbs of Henley Ltd operate a zero tolerance policy towards underage drinking, the taking and possession of illegal substances and drunken aggressive behavior towards passengers or crew. If a cruise has to be abandoned due to breaches of our Premises Licence conditions, no refund shall be given. Details of our Premises Licence are available on request.
23. Information is correct at the time of publication and maybe subject to change. Please refer to website or contact Hobbs of Henley.